serene painting of Lake Como in Italy. Watercolor on paperRead More
watercolor on paperRead More
Purple Dream was juried into the Women Painters West show being held at the Hillcrest Center for the Arts in Thousand Oaks. The show runs from July 29 - September 26th.
Address: 403 W. Hillcrest Dr., Thousand Oaks, CA 91360 (next to the Thousand Oaks Mall)
The Opening Reception is this Saturday, August 6th from 4-7. I would be thrilled to see you there!Read More
Hello, I have lots of good news to share!
I have 6 shows coming up, all clustered together... I just wanted to give you a "heads up", so you could mark your calendars and plan to attend.
1. July 29th - September 26th. Opening Reception is Saturday, August 6th. Hillcrest Center for the Arts in Thousand Oaks. 403 W. Hillcrest Dr, Thousand Oaks, 91360. This show is through the organization I belong to: Women Painters West. The Center is located behind the Thousand Oaks Mall.
2. August 18, 19 & 20. Opening Reception is Thursday the 18th from 5-10pm. I named the show Split Personality as it will combine two of my favorite mediums. I will have about 20 paintings & sculptures. This is a solo show at the brand new ARTree Gallery in Newhall. The first night is Thursday the 18th and coincides with the City of Santa Clarita's SENSES event & the opening of the SCAA Gallery . Thursday 5-10pm, Friday & Saturday 7-10pm. 22508 6th St, Downtown Newhall, 91321 Suite C It is the red building between the Ceramics Studio and the parking lot, around the corner from the Canyon Theater Guild.
3. September 16 - November 21. Opening reception Wednesday evening, September 21st, 6-8pm. Elements sculptural installation at the Art Space in the Westfield Town Center Mall, hosted by the city of Santa Clarita. This is a solo exhibition. The Art Space is located inside next to Sisley's restaurant. The piece will be about 12-14 feet wide, made in 4 parts and is primarily steel and glass.
4. September 23 - October 30th, Canyon Theater Guild, 24242 Main Street, Newhall. Opening Reception will be October 1st, 5-7 pm. This is a "duo" event with Jeanne Iler. There will be up to 50 paintings. This art space is made available by the Canyon Theater Guild and the Santa Clarita Artists Association. Two outstanding plays, The Drowsy Chaperone and Around the World in 80 Days, will be at the theater during this time period.
5. Santa Clarita Artists Association Gallery. Begins September 22nd, I will give you specifics when I have that information.
6. Art Classic Gala, October 15th, at Hart Hall in Newhall. The following day, October 16th will be a free public exhibition only. I will give you more information soon.
I am looking forward to seeing you at as many events as you can attend. Thank you for your continued support and interest in my work.
Work is available for purchase at every event.
This is my most recent painting, The Conversation 15" x 11" watercolor on paper
My newest piece, Intrigue, is woven copper with inks and acrylics on textured wood. Dimensions are 19" x 13.25 x 1.75.
Award winning Morning Light is the second piece that will be on exhibit at the First Floor Gallery, Santa Clarita City Hall.